Wednesday 22 May 2013

A week in photo's : Japfest 2013






Hollaa,

So I probably haven't been in everyone's goodbooks lately since it's been aaages since I actually wrote or made a proper blogpost...however my valid excuse is because I've been busy in all other prospects of life (mainly the boring ones!:( )  but anyway less bore more ooh' yeah?'...


My lovely other half Matt has as known as the apparent 'trait of men' The car obssession. luckily for me it doesn't bother me at all as it would other girls..the prospect of a mechanic who talks about cars 24/7 can sometimes be their worst nightmare...but for me..it's just completely normal...so where to start?.

Car's have always been an interest to me since growing up, my grandfather and father were always the keen ;lets restore this classic' type people, and throughout my teenage life I struggled in relationships with guy's who thought car's were 'annoying or stupid'....that being of course until Matt came along..his first car being a standard focus that he hated and had tried to modify it to his taste...then his blue honda civic (the red wheeled one)..Matt thinks/breathes/eats/drinks this civic..and obviously being the 'keenie' decided it was time to show it's various completions at Japfest..

For those who aren't aware it's like a show for japanese cars only..with regular races/drifts around castle coombe racetrack..I'm not the 'racing' type myself...in fact after crashing when I first began driving I can barely face going over 80 at a push (wimp! I hear you say!)..

But for Matt its every car obssessed guy's dream..alot of girls probably think of carshows as being a complete nightmare..but for me its purely exciting..(apart from the miles of walking!) its rare but on this occasion we both realised how strong our bond actually was and how close we were as a couple....We've had critism from various others in the past..but it never affects our bond with one another..

Moral of the post? ..Do what you want to do, enjoy what you enjoy and never let anyone stop you or judge you about it..'

No comments:

Post a Comment