Monday 25 February 2013

Hard Cats life?




Hello there....

It's been a while..but I thought I'd take a very sentimental moment to clasp the cheeky' cat moment's of my beautiful moggie' Harry otherwise known as 'Haribo'..
Looking for a playful affectionate cat, he first caught my eye as I wandered along the kennels of a local vets home, and came to the last kennel....he certainly wasn't what I'd expected...barely a year old,lying there, timid and lifeless..with scabs and bites all over his ankles and feet, and straggled patchy fur I wondered if he would end up being too hard work ''Just ignore him...he's a stray we rescued this morning..someone caught him nicking food from the bins' the vet muttered to me...

Then he opened his bright green eyes and watched me...''I think I'll take him'.....needless to say the vet wasn't too impressed.. because he'd been abandoned I expected a drastic fight to kick off when she opened the kennel and grasped his sore body.....''He'has all his injections and necessaries...we'll give him an anti flea jab and stuff but I'm afraid its up to you to clean him up''....

In the weeks following I''d found Harry had discovered an exquisite love of food....You could quite frankly..provide him an entire food haul and he'd eat every bit..Suppose he felt as though he wasn't sure when it would be taken away or when he'd next see food....

10 years on however he's just as playful as he was when a kitten,Hates loud noises and people being upset, loves cuddles,sitting on laptops and paper,attention and pampering,warm places,baskets, sleeping...food, catnip,treats, curry, cat-milk and ginger biscuits...his coat has filled out and is now extremely glossy and black...the scabs have disappeared and he is most definately a housecat....and still to this day he's become the love of my life...many people would probably think me mad...but with a tricky past he has helped me become what I am today...even taking time out of his schedule (accompanied by my family of course!) to visit me whilst I spent time in hospital last year..

So many cats are abandoned each year..whereas most dismiss them as being 'too hardwork'...but if you pick the right one..they might just become a happy part of your entire world...

Tudalloo!♥


No comments:

Post a Comment